Nestled among the rolling hills and scenic beauty of the Connecticut countryside, West River Farms. The community is located 20 minutes north of Hartford and just six miles north of the trendy town of South Windsor. It offers the perfect blend of close proximity to shopping, fine dining, arts, entertainment and many golf courses / parks while maintaining that rustic charm that defines country living.
Respler Homes has an outstanding reputation for quality construction. Features here would be upgrades at many other new home developments including: standard features include crown molding, vaulted ornine-foot ceilings and a two-car attached garage. Each home has a deck or patio made with Trex, or a similar product, for virtually indestructible decking. Master bedrooms have a walk-in closet and a full bath with a shower, tub and cultured marble-topped double sink. Flooring consists of ceramic tiling in the bathrooms and laundry room, lush carpeting in the bedrooms and oak hardwood in the rest of the home.
Kitchen cabinets are raised panel oak or flat panel birch with 36-inch upper cabinets. General Electric appliances include a refrigerator, oven and range, microwave oven and dishwasher. Each kitchen has an eat-in area. Upgrades can include stainless appliances and a huge variety of cabinetry.
- The Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk: Shop at Connecticut’s premier, outdoor Lifestyle Center measuring 374,979 square feet. This outstanding collection of the most coveted national specialty retailers and restaurants is a short drive from your front door.
- Enfield Square: Boasting many specialty retail stores and five sit-down restaurants including Outback Steakhouse, Panera Bread, Friendly’s and Figaro’s, this spectacular shopping destination also features Cinemas 12, a popular spot for contemporary, family-friendly entertainment.
- Walmart Supercenter: If you are looking for back-to-school supplies or simply want to stock up on daily goods, then the local Walmart has everything you want. Located in East Windsor, this superstore has everything from bakery, garden center, grocery, pharmacy and photo printing.
Arts and Entertainment
- The Opera House Players: Originally the St. Martha Players we moved from Enfield in 2003 to the historic Broad Brook Opera House—built in 1892—and changed our name to the Opera House Players. The Opera House is spectacular, but our reputation is built on the uncompromising quality of our productions. Talented actors come from across the state to audition for our shows. Our sets are creative and innovative. Our musical directors set a high bar for the vocals and instrumentation, which are the linchpins of a great musical.
- Connecticut Trolley Museum: The museum takes you on a journey of how the electric trolley evolved from the horse car to the “modern” PCC. Also, learn how society was impacted by amusement parks (trolley parks), streetcar suburbs, and the growth of mill towns. Various trolley cars from our collection are on display within the Visitor Center. Other activities within the Visitor Center geared for kids include a train table and coloring and game activities.
- Sports World: Home to 3 large indoor fields each measuring which can be also be converted to one main field measuring 320 feet x 200 feet. The sports bubble also has 6,000 square feet designated to spectator viewing. The main building to the facility hosts a conference room with Wireless Internet, a 50 Inch Flat Screen TV, and a full concession, along with Men’s and Women’s restrooms.The complex also has a full-sized 80,000 square foot irrigated outdoor field.
- Northwest Park: If you are just looking to get away to take a nice walk or hike, then Northwest Park’s 473-acre multi-recreational facility is the place for you. It offers an interpretive nature center, 12 miles of trails, maple sugaring, an annual coffee House concert series from November until May, and much more.
- Nomads Outdoor Adventure: The newest and most exciting aerial adventure park in Connecticut. Explorers traverse six adventure trails crafted through nine acres of beautiful woodland! The course consists of 13 platforms connected by an average of 14 transitions at varying heights. The paths range from about 12ʻ high all the way to 60’ and will have 84 different elements.
- Sonny’s Place: Locally owned, Sonny’s is committed to providing safe, fun, and entertaining activities for families in our western New England communities. Since we first opening in 2008 with a driving range, they have kept adding more attractions each year. Now Sonny’s Place includes an Arcade, Bounce House, Go-Karts, Mini-Golf, a Rock Wall and much more. Fun for the entire family and a great place to host parties.